Thursday, May 7, 2009

Just call me "Had"

"How long have I been in this storm?
So overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form
Water's getting harder to tread
With these waves crashing over my head"
Chorus:
"If I could just see you
Everything would be alright
If I'd see you, this darkness would turn to light
And I would walk on water
And you will catch me if i fall
And I will get lost into your eyes
I know everything will be alright
I know everything is alright"

"I know you didn't bring me out here to drown
So why am I ten feet under and upside down
Barely surviving has become my purpose
Cuz I'm so used to living underneath the surface"
-Storm by Lifehouse

I remember the first time I heard this song, listening at the request of a friend, she and I were both devoted followers of the Lord who had been completely and enormously drowning in our sin. Both of us loved Jesus, read the Bible daily, prayed from our hearts, praised and worshipped the great El Shaddai-- and each of us had thrown our own selves into very dark places where there was no Light, where we didn't know whether we were coming or going.

We both knew what needed to be done, too. And we both fought the Truth. So as we listened to this song, we wept, telling ourselves for the millionth time we will pull ourselves out of the pits and get back Home. Do you see already why we continued to fail? "Ourselves." It doesn't work that way. It is only when we let go of ourselves and allow our Redeemer to scoop us up by His power and His grace, relying fully on Him, that's when satan begins to lose his grip.

That was nearly a year ago. My friend and I were studying Beth Moore's "The Patriarch's" and I remember my friend recommending another of Beth's titles, "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" to me. Praise the Lord, by His working a very undescribable miracle in my own, unworthy life, He rescued me from myself, pulled me into is strong capable and unconditionally loving arms and mercifully forgiving me. He is working to restore me, a lifelong process. I lost contact with my friend, but I think of her so often, and pray she's got a similar testimony. I just finished the book she recommended and feel as though I could read it over and over a dozen times or more and still be impacted from the amazing truths and wisdom Beth shares.

Beth Moore would say I had been "Had" by satan. Now I feel so blessed and thankful to be on the road to being "Healed." I can't recommend this book enough, and i'm praying fiercely for those, who like me, have been Had by a very real, very conniving and evil enemy. My heart is so burdened for you, it aches and pleads, "Don't believe the lies!"

God is so good. He saved me, He'll save you!!!
"He who called you is faithful, and He will do it!" - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment