Wednesday, May 13, 2009

5/13/09

Verse for today:

Yesterday, God brought to me a passage in Psalms I'd never read before. In fact, the whole of Psalm 94 lifted me up, but verses 18 and 19 really hit home:

"When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

How true it is! No matter how far or often I stray from the Lord, the knowledge of His love for me is impossible to let go of or forget. There have been seasons when I flat out told God, "I know this is not right, but I don't care, cuz I want what I want!" There have been pits I've thrown myself in, foolishly forsaking Christ and inviting all sorts of nonsensical sin to dwell in my life. But regardless of how I tried to suffocate the Spirit, my heart knew too much, that which Christ has done for me!

A familiar feeling swept over me yesterday. Suddenly, my heart began racing, my hands shaking, and I felt a sense of urgency overwhelm me. Praise God I recognized what was happening! "Pray!" the Spirit was saying, "Right now, fall to your knees and pray!" I scrambled to discern how I should pray but it was never revealed to me. As names and faces came to mind I interceded as best as I could, but felt as though, and I'm laughing because I wouldn't believe it if I had not experienced it, the Spirit inside me was having a direct conversation with the Lord in a language I could not understand. They were leaving me out! LOL!!

In the past I believe I would have worried myself senseless about the nature of these feelings and set my mind on finding the meaning behind it, but in truth, I'm delighted. I simply relish anytime the Lord chooses to speak to me, whether its in English or not! I was delighted at the opportunity to pray, and be used by Him! Perhaps, God used this as a reminder to me that He is alive and at work in me, perhaps it was to keep my mind focused on Him for the remainder of the day, giving me strength to resist temptations. Maybe it was for no other reasons than those, and maybe there was more to it. I just praise God for who he is and the consolation to my soul which brings so much joy!

Now, I am off to my run, to reflect and worship! The new playlist is working out beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment