Friday, May 6, 2011

The Prayers of My Heart

Lord, give me Your eyes so that I can see as you see. I want to to view others in the light of Your love and Your mercy. I want to cast off all the trappings of this world, the cultural views that poison the pure heart. In the most righteous and godly sense, I want to live my life with eternal perspective, I want my actions to reflect an eternally minded heart and soul. I don't want to wait till death to begin living fully for You. My eyes have scales, Lord. I recognize that my vision is impaired, my heart is still calloused. Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Give me open arms and open doors.
Lord, I just want to honor You with my life. I can't figure out what that looks like on a daily basis, but I hope that each day, as I seek You, You will show me clearly. Help me to be busy, help me to be kind and forgiving. Help me to consider others better than myself. Help me to act in confidence of who I am as Your child. Thank You for loving me so dearly. Thank You for giving my life purpose. Thank You for the masterful and supernatural way You weave our lives together and guide us along the path of righteousness. May all glory be Yours forever and ever. In the precious and Holy Name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment