Monday, February 28, 2011

And my heart cries out...

Holy. Holy. Holy.

...I consider things A LOT. I'm always in thought, but it occurs to me that as much as I contemplate, I seldom arrive at a conclusion... {-randomness}

I have, on my heart, a matter that weighs heavily. After this weekend's sermon about worrying, I have considered, "Am I worried about this? Or burdened?" But I believe, I am simply grieving this matter, while also enduring, and seeking to persevere through it. A loved one, who's thinking is SO 10,000 miles in the wrong direction that for some she might seem hopeless. But my God is THE God of hope!

While I am not convinced that I am worrying over this matter (I do believe the Lord is in control) I might be a tad anxious as to how to act, how to show love without enabling poor choices.

In the past I would agonize, but right now I am determined to take it to Scripture. And thanks to this weekend's sermon, I am armed with Philippians 4:6-7 fresh on my mind, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." And so I pray. Asking for wisdom and discernment. Thankful for the truths I know that God hears my prayers, answers them, provides me according to His glorious riches. And I surrender my anxiety. :)
Several days ago, the Lord put Psalm 23 on my heart. This is a passage of scripture that is ofte
n quoted, memorized by children, etc. But I don't think I've ever taken the time to hide it in my own heart. So I felt prompted to commit it to memory, and since then, I've had reasons to claim it daily.
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want; He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads my beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies. You annoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Praise God! Amen!
And today, God drew me to another bit of Scripture, Psalm 94:18,19 "When I said,'my foot is slipping,' Your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul.'"
And so, through all of this, how can I not do anything but rejoice. Though my heart at times feels heavy, never am I without help, His yoke to help me carry it. And not only that, but to know that it is not without purpose, a good purpose, one that even benefits me, which sounds selfish in a way, but more than that, to me, it shows evidence that the Lord is alive and active in my own life :) and so I can faithfully say, with God by my side right now, that "I consider it pure joy to face [these trials] because I know the testing of my faith develops perseverence." James 1:2
I pray this peace for everyone! Its so marvelous!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment