Friday, August 20, 2010

7.21.10 A Sweet Affirmation from the Lord

The past few entries have been small excerpts from my journal, and not complete thoughts, and todays will be from my journal too. I want to share a sweet answer to prayer that God recently blessed me with. The funny thing is, I'm posting this a month later, when I am once again wrestling some of these same thoughts, so to read God's response to me again, ministers to me again as it did last month.
So. The first part is my prayer to God:

"Lord, I knkow you have given me a heart fro ministry. In fact, I think back to high school years when I would day dream about reaching my peers for Christ and how I would gladly spend my days doing volunteer work if I could survive off of it. Making a difference has always been important to me. I also know, Lord, that my own stubborn foolishness has set me back in this, but I still believe this is what I am meant to do. This past year has been evidence of that. Lord, it hardly makes sense though. Ministry is full of imperfect people, I know that, but I don't know of any who have made as monumental mistakes as I have.........Still, I know you delight in busting stereotypes, so my hope is still fully intact. But how, Lord? I have no formal education, I don't have the support of my family.....Lord, how???"

And God's response to me was in my reading of Acts. Verse 3:16 says, "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man who you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through Him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see."
-Wow! What an immediate response to my prayer-and a loving one from my Father! Now it is up to me to claim that promise! Just as Peter was restored, I am as well! God saw fit to use him, and so I must believe that he is still able and willing to use me too! Praise God! Peter goes on to say, "I know that you acted in ignorance...repent then and turn to God." I love v. 24 too, "Indeed, all of the prophets from Samuel on, as many as have spoken, have foretold these days." - It's a wonderful reminder that God is not just shooting from the hip, He has had this planned since before time, and over thousands of eyars He has been preparing His people for this! Then Jesus arrives, but that is not the end of it. He is still putting things into practice for the big finale, "He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything." (v.21) - and even then, once it is restored we have a limitless eternity with our heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment