Sunday, October 23, 2011

If God Seems Far Away, Who Moved?

How great is our God?

How just is He?!
How merciful His hand in my life?!
Who am I that He is mindful of me?

I am but a human.
Nothing, apart from my Creator.
Yet He pours Himself out in me.
He knits my life's moments and experiences.

And sinful is my nature.
Except His nature is in me, so it is not.
How beyond my understanding are His ways?
Yet they are worked together for my gain.

Life is but a blip.
And my life is but a mist.
And my purpose is to glorify Him.
How shamefully I fail.

My prayer can only be for His presence to complete me.
Oh God, how you complete me!
I am a grain of sand, with You there is an endless desert of it.
I am a drop of water, with You there is an endless sea.

In my weakness, He is made strong!
And so, how strong He is made!
For my weakness is great, His strength is greater!

Be magnified, O Lord!
May the whole earth sing of Your praises!
May every breath grant You glory!
May every word utter of Your great love!

No comments:

Post a Comment